Not all medications are the same. Each one has its unique function and purpose. Although they come in relatively the same shape and size, they are not the same. There is a multitude of medications that you could purchase from a pharmacy in Bakersfield, California, and other local areas. But what if you couldn’t find the one that you are looking for?
Searching for medication can be just as tough as looking for any other medical supply in Bakersfield, CA. Jumping from one pharmacy to another just to purchase a certain medication is no easy feat. While this is challenging enough, there is more that could add to this dilemma. What if you already found the medication, but it is not exactly in the dosage that has been prescribed? This is where medication compounding comes into the picture.
Medication compounding is one of the biggest innovations in the pharmaceutical industry. This has been an instant solution to both children and adult patients with unique medication needs.
Here are other some facts you need to know about medication compounding:
- Compounding is used to alter the dosage, flavor, and formulation of the medication.
- Combining and mixing medication ingredients can also be done when compounding.
- Inactive ingredients in commercial medications can be removed.
- Medication compounding can be done upon physician/pharmacist recommendation or personal preference.
- If a medication is not yet available commercially, compounding in Wasco, California is a great solution.
Express Pharmacy #8 strives to make medication compounding available to everyone through our facility services in California.